- Game time is forfeit time.
- If you do not have a legal team (5 skaters and a goalie) at game time, your team must forfeit. You can play a game with a less-than-legal team, but the game is recorded as a forfeit.
- No more than 11 can dress per game; only one manager/coach allowed on the bench per team - they must wear a helmet at all times!
- Skates only allowed on the ice - no dress shoes. A manager or coach MUST enter the bench from the stands, not the ice.
- Ice time is tight to the minute; the clock starts at game time. Come plenty early to get your equipment.
- No one is allowed on the ice once the Zamboni doors are open and until they are closed after an ice make.
- No varsity hockey players are allowed on IM teams
- Green (Rookie League) teams cannot have club hockey or retired varsity players. Green League players are those with none to extremely limited skating experience.
- Moosilauke teams may have two club hockey players, no retired varsity players.
- Teams with more than two club players or any retired varsity players must play in the Granite League.
- After each game, officials will assign a sportsmanship rating to each team. Ratings are 0-3 with three (3) being given for exemplary conduct. The ratings will be averaged over the course of the regular season games and playoffs. Teams must have an average score of 2.0 to be playoff eligible and remain eligible during playoffs. Teams dropping below 2.0 in the playoffs will be eliminated from the tournament.
- A Helmet with face mask is required.
- Recommended: shin pads and gloves, a cup (for the men!)
- Available for checkout with Dartmouth ID
- Helmets with face masks
- Shin guards
- Goalie equipment
- Goalie sticks
- Players provide:
- Sticks (we have some sticks, but not enough to cover 2 teams)
- Tape for shin guards
- Legal teams are 5 skaters and a goalie. Players may play on only one team. If teams compete with "borrowed" players, the game is recorded as a forfeit for the short-handed team.
- All Leagues: Games are 30 minute straight play. The clock will start at game time.
- No over-time during the regular season; tie games will be recorded as such.
- No slap shots (shots taken from above the waist) at all - not during warm-ups or games.
- Offside & icing is called in the Granite League only. No offside in Green, Moosilauke or Women's Leagues.
- No checking of any kind.
- Checking is any intentional body contact that causes a clear change in skating direction or impedes the progress of a player with or without possession of the puck. This includes but is not limited to any intentional body contact that causes a player to lose possession of the puck or any contact with players away from the puck that hinders their normal movement.
- A goal is scored when a member of the attacking side propels the puck with his/her stick completely across the goal line inside the net posts.
- Minor penalties, 90 seconds: e.g. tripping, holding, interference, slapshots.
- Major penalties, 5 minutes: e.g. body checking, spearing, flagrant fouls, butt ending.
- Misconduct penalties, 10 minutes: e.g. abusive language, disrespect of the officials, actions that incite or bait opponents.
- Automatic Ejection from the game for throwing equipment. Automatic ejection from IM play for fighting.
- Play nicely. Have fun. Be safe.