- Game time is forfeit time.
- If you do not have a legal team ( 5 skaters and a goalie) at game time, your team must forfeit. You can play a game with a less-than-legal team; the game is recorded as a forfeit.
- Ice time is tight to the minute; the clock starts at game time. Come plenty early to get your equipment.
- No one is allowed on the ice once the Zamboni doors are open and until they are closed after an ice make.
- No varsity hockey players are allowed on IM teams
- Green (Rookie League) teams cannot have club hockey or retired varsity players.
- Moosilauke teams may have two club hockey players, no retired varsity players.
- Teams with more than two club players or any retired varsity players must play in the Granite League.
- A Helmet with face mask is required.
- Recommended: shin pads and gloves, a cup (for the men!)
- Available for checkout with Dartmouth ID
- Helmets with face masks
- Shin guards
- Goalie equipment
- Goalie sticks
- Players provide:
- Sticks (we have some sticks, but not enough to cover 2 teams)
- Tape for shin guards
- Legal teams are 5 skaters and a goalie. Players may play on only one team. If teams compete with “borrowed” players, the game is recorded as a forfeit for the short-handed team.
- All Leagues: Games are 30 minute straight play. The clock will start at game time.
- No slap shots (shots taken from above the waist).
- Offside is called in the Granite League only. No offside in Green, Moosilauke or Women's Leagues.
- No checking of any kind.
- Checking is any intentional body contact that causes a clear change in skating direction or impedes the progress of a player with or without possession of the puck. This includes but is not limited to any intentional body contact that causes a player to lose possession of the puck or any contact with players away from the puck that hinders their normal movement.
- A goal is scored when a member of the attacking side propels the puck with his/her stick completely across the goal line inside the net posts.
- Minor penalties, 90 seconds: e.g. tripping, holding, interference, slapshots.
- Major penalties, 5 minutes: e.g. body checking, spearing, flagrant fouls, butt ending.
- Misconduct penalties, 10 minutes: e.g. abusive language, disrespect of the officials, actions that incite or bait opponents.
- Automatic Ejection from the game for throwing equipment. Automatic ejection from IM play for fighting.
- Play nicely. Have fun. Be safe.